header photo

Monday, April 5, 2010

My Top 3 Colognes

1) My number one favorite cologne is Giorgio Armani's Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme. I wear this cologne the most often and it gives off a fresh, light, crisp and clean scent so it's not really musky or overpowering. Another thing I enjoy about this cologne is that I can spray a small amount and I will still smell nice after a long day. This cologne contains notes of marine, mandarin, bergamot, neroli, persimmon, rosemary, nasturtium, jasmine, amber, patchouli, and cistus.

Price: $95 for the 6.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

View more favorites after the jump.
.

2) My second pick is Yves Saint Laurent's L'homme. This is sort of a woody fragrance and gives off a sense of elegance, warmness, and tranquility. I personally wear this more often during the winter and fall, but you can also wear this for everyday needs or if you need to dress up for a fancy dinner. It kind of gives me a sense of warmth and sophistication. This cologne isn't really over the top either, it's nice and clean. Besides the fragrance aspect of this, I personally like the bottle of this cologne because it's unique. This cologne contains notes of bergamot, cedar, ozonic notes, white ginger, basil flower, white pepper, violet leaves, cedarwood, haiti vetiver, and tonka Bean.

Price: $75 for the 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray


3) My third pick is Dolce & Gabanna's Pour Homme. I enjoy wearing this during the summertime or when I go out at night because it gives a really strong scent. For some reason whenever I wear this cologne it makes me think of sunscreen. This cologne is really aromatic and is citrusy with touch of woodiness. Suprisingly though, out of all of my favorites it is usually this one that gets me the most compliments from people. It contains notes of orange, lemon, bergamot, lavender, sage, sandalwood, tobacco, and ed.

Price: $67 for the 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray


This one isn't really a favorite, even though it is a classic. It is Burberry's Burberry Classic for Men. For some odd reason every time I wear this, I always get asked if I smoke weed. But if you don't mind, this cologne is very aromatic and contains notes of lavender, bergamot, thyme, mint, moss, cedar, amber, and tonka bean.

Price: $67 for the 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray


Shopping Tip: The best time you should purchase colognes is during the winter season because they often give out free gifts such as shower gels and deodorants, when you make a purchase. Also, if you're not sure of a fragrance you like,  Sephora offers this gift set which comes with sample sizes of various colognes, as well as a gift card. So when you find your favorite fragrance, you can use that gift card towards a full size bottle! (Man, I should get paid for promoting their store)

After I run out of one of these colognes, I am thinking about purchasing D&G's Anthology Collection. This collection is unique in that it is unisex so men and women can wear it, and it contains five different fragrances in which you can wear one fragrance alone or you can experiment by layering different fragrances at once.

Price: $45 for 5 x 0.67 oz fragrances in 1 Le Bateleur, 3 L'Imperatrice, 6 L'Amoureux, 10 La Roue de la Fortune, and 18 La Lune. Or $65 for a 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray 

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions feel free to ask or comment below!

Later guys,
Bryant

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Acqua Di Gio too! I only use it on special occasions :).

Justin said...

Burberry is a good pick, what about Burberry Touch? Out of that series by D & G I really like number 3.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I like 1 and 3. I've never tried Burberry Touch, but maybe I'll give that a try sometime.

Post a Comment