header photo

Monday, March 29, 2010

Basic Face Skincare Routine


Little Secrets by Passion Pit


I couldn't really decide whether to post Little Secrets or The Reeling by Passion Pit because they're both such good songs, but I came to a conclusion to post Little Secrets. This band has a electro alternative sound or as some call it, wonky pop. They kind of have a similar sound to MGMT so if you like them then you should check Passion Pit out!



So from now on, Mondays are going to be known as Man Chic Mondays. I'll be posting things like skincare product reviews, picture of male models, fashions that catch my eye, basically anything pertaining to style and beauty for men because afterall, my blog is called, "The Happen-Ng: A young man's perspective on life, style, & beauty for men"

Today, I'm going to give my basic daily face skincare routine. (*Note*: I am not getting paid to promote any of these products. I am simply giving my own honest opinion on these products.)

Everyday, twice a day (once in the morning and once at night), I use the Clinique 3-step Skincare System which is composed of a liquid facial soap, a clarifying lotion, and either a moisturizing gel or lotion. Now, Clinique has a set that is specifically for men, but I find that I would rather use the women's skincare line because it's cheaper, they have a greater range of products to suit different skin types, and the only significant difference I see is in their packaging.


The women's skincare line is divided into six main skin types: acne prone skin, those whose skin turns red easily, dry skin, combination dry skin, combination oily skin, and oily skin. I personally am combination oily skin but if you don't know what skin type you are, you can go to Clinique's website for a consultation or when you go to their counter they will test you.

So, you may think that using these products will be a big hassle but actually it will only take you about 2-3 minutes tops.

First, I wet my face. Then I take one pump of the liquid soap and rub the soap in a circular motion around my face and neck. Then I rinse my face and pat my face dry. Make sure whenever you dry your face that you don't rub because that will cause spreading of bacteria and irritation. Afterwards, I take a cotton ball, put it against the clarifying lotion ball and tip it twice. Again, you wipe the cotton ball over your face and neck. This clarifying lotion is the most significant step because that helps shrink your pores and clears any blemishes. Finally, I pump the moisturzing gel twice on my fingers, dot the lotion on my face and neck, then spread it around evenly.

After using this skincare system I have found that my skin has cleared up my acne significantly and has also removed blackheads and shrank my pores. Previously, I've used many products such as Clean & Clear, Clearasil, Cetaphil, and Acne-free system, but my skin has never looked better after using these products.

Overall, if you purchase the full size products your total will come out to about $69 with tax. It may seem expensive, but keep in mind that this will last you about two to three months. If you're not positive, you can also purchase their mini-kit for $37.

*Tip*- Sometimes department stores like Macys and Dillards will have a free makeup bag giveaway with each purchase. So you can give it to a special someone later. Or, you can also go to Sephora and by becoming a beauty insider, you'll recieve free samples and perk points with your purchase.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Later guys,
Bryant

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesss, give your free makeup bags to meee! :D

Post a Comment