header photo

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday To Me!

Sorry for missing a post yesterday, but I don't know why I'm apologizing for missing yesterday's post when I've gone days before without posting. Anyways, yesterday was my 19th birthday and I think one of the best birthdays I've had yet! Even though I have to admit I was very pessimistic about how my day was going to turn out because this year I was only going to have my friends Kate and Farideh and additionally Farideh's siblings and friends (which I had never met before).


 The majority of the day I spent with my friend, Kate, and we went to Anna Maria Island. When we first arrived there we stopped by this restaurant that was on the pier and it was pretty good, I had a grilled Mahi sandwich and Kate had a FOOT LONG hot dog! The whole time we ate I was scared as hell because everything was shaking and I was imagining what I would do if the pier started collapsing especially since I don't know how to swim! Then afterward, we laid out on the beach and just relaxed. Then to top off a great time I went out with Kate,  my friend Farideh, and a couple of her siblings to Acropolis Taverna for dinner and hookah. I thought the dinner was going to be awkward as heck because I only knew Katie and Farideh, but we actually all got along pretty well and I spent the time trying to "open out of shell" and even did a little belly dancing. Hahaha.  Overall, the day was amazing and it taught me to be a little more optimistic and that it's the quality of the time spent that counts and not necessarily the quantity of people you spend it with.

Thanks for reading and have a great day everyone!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY EARTH~DAY!

Post a Comment