header photo

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hair


Kick Ass by Mika



CLEAN & CONDITION

Now, you may hear that washing your hair everyday is bad because it depletes all the natural oils in your hairs but I actually asked my hairstylist whether or not it is true and she told me that yes women shouldn't wash their hair every day, but for men, they actually need to wash their hair at least once a day because we produce oils so much faster. 

For shampooing, I use two different shampoos on and off. 

The first shampoo I use is Anthony Logistics' Everyday Shampoo.I believe this is the normal/oily hair shampoo and they also have a normal/dry hair shampoo. This shampoo is simple and clean and has a scent of peppermint. I usually use this product when I get home from a long day and just want use something that's not too strong, to wash out any styling products that I have in my hair. Also if you didn't read my previous Man Chic Monday post, when you purchase any of Anthony's products, a portion of their sales go to prostate cancer research.

Price: $16 for 12 fl oz

The second shampoo which I use is Dove's Damage Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo. I've used many drug-store products such as, Garnier Fructis, Pantene, Suave and Tresemme but I haven't really gotten any results like Dove's shampoo.  As the site says, it helps strengthen your hair and prevents split ends and breakage. I just got their new one with the micro moisture serum and it actually is quite different and better than the original one. When I used this one, my hair didn't frizz up anymore which for me is a big deal. If you want to get a sample you should act quick because they're giving out samples now on their website!

Price: $4 to $5 for 12 fl oz


To condition my hair, I use Dove's Intensive Conditioner. This product leaves my hair as soft as a baby's butt and also gives it a nice shine to it. An excellent choice if I might say so. I usually only use this product on the days that I use the Dove shampoo. 

Price: $4 to $5 for 12 fl oz


STYLING

For me, what styling product I use really depends on the length of my hair but another key to the products I use is that none of them flake up when they dry.


When I have really short hair, I use Anthony Logistics' Hair Gel. This product is alcohol free and contains seaweed extract to build body, B5 for nourishment, hydrolized wheat protein for conditioning, and aloe vera gel for softness. What I love about this product that it isn't really chunky and sticky when it dries and actually does soften my hair.

Price: $15 for 4 oz

When I have medium length hair, and if I'm going for a a spiked or funky kind of look, I use Garnier Fructis' Play Style Reshapable Putty but now I think they call it Fiber Gum Putty. I like the fruity smell of this product and it also leaves my hair manageable when I try to style it. This product is kind of like a wax but a little bit stickier. When using this product, you dab a little in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together to create some warmth and then apply to your hair. The label says that you can apply the product to your hair when it's dry and when it's wet however, I find it much easier to style when I apply the product to my damp hair.

Price: $3 to $4 for 5.7 oz


When I have longer hair, that's about two to three inches long, I use Tresemme's 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse and  the 24 Hour Body Weightless Cream. This product doesn't really give that much style and texture, but it leaves my hair tamed from any flyaways or frizziness. Using this product is a little bit time consuming though because if you want it to work well you have to apply the mousse to your damp hair, blow dry it, and then put the weightless creme on afterwards. It works well if you're willing to give it a try.

Price: Foaming Mousse - $3 to $4 for 8.1 oz // Weightless Creme - $4 to $5 for 5 oz

Thanks for reading and happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment